mardi 22 mai 2012

Fiza

Good evening :)

Wow, this blog had never had so much visits previously: thank you so much!! Dears, I hope you enjoyed the reading! A priori I do not have time to write a new article today -student life and examinations- but as I need a break, I take advantage of these few minutes to talk about the latest movie I saw: Fiza.

Starring the famous Karisma Kapoor and the handsome Hritik Roshan, Fiza is a heartbreaking family drama. Here is the synopsis:

The film is about Fiza (Karisma Kapoor), whose brother, Aman (Hrithik Roshan), disappears during the 1993 Bombay Riots. Fiza and her mother Nishatbi (Jaya Bachchan) desperately hold on to the hope that one day he will return. However, six years after his disappearance, Fiza, fed up with living with uncertainty, resolves to go in search of her brother. Driven by her mother Nishatbi's fervent hope and her own determination, Fiza decides to use whatever means she can—the law, media, even politicians—to find her brother, which brings her into contact with various characters and situations.

I cut the story short not to reveal the whole intrigue.
I love Bollywood movies, even if I must confess that I mainly watched colourful, joyful films, which made me dream, even without happy endings. If you do not understand what I mean, don't you suddenly desire to become a courtesan if you are sure to be as classy as Madhuri Dixit in Devdas, with her brilliant interpretation of Chandramukhi? Well, Fiza could not be more different.
We follow the story of a muslim family suddenly destroyed after sanguinolent confrontations between Muslims and Hindus. When you believe that it couldn't be more difficult to live without a son and brother, without even knowing if he is alive, you reach the part of the movie where everything turns even worse. It is difficult to me not to divulgue more, but I really don't want to ruin the surprise.

Fiza is a very emotional realization, part thanks to the incredible actors: touching, strong, heartbreaking, determinated,... the characters are moving and particularly credible. Remember that it isn't always the case when you live in cloud-cuckoo land, in other words when you decide to relax with Bollywood.
Honestly, I watched Fiza with eyes filled with tears... at best! At worst, I just couldn't stop crying: when people are not able to recognize their own family, when a mother's hope is ruined, when you realize that the fiction is certainly very close to the reality,...

To summarize: if you like Bollywood cute and naive, get off on your way ; if you are searching for a movie with a real substance, check this out as soon as possible! Personally, I am delighted by the powerful discovery.

Talk to you soon! :)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire