dimanche 15 septembre 2013

Chennai Express

"Chennai Express"

Hi guys!

I'm feeling so freaking exhausted right now, but I absolutely want to write about the movie I watched today while it is fresh in my mind.

As you understood thanks to the poster, I went to the cinema today to watch Chennai Express, the new movie starring Sharukh Khan and Deepika Padukone. A Bollywood movie at the cinema! Isn't that great? Yes, I know that this isn't exceptional, but it was the very first time I had this opportunity! You have to know that I don't live in a big town, and the public for Bollywood is very restricted. That's why I was that glad when I heard about a broadcasting taking place about one hour far from my place.

I wasn't disappointed by the early travel!
For sure, this isn't the best movie ever, but this is funny and distracting. Here is the synopsis:

"Chennai Express" is the story of a 40-year-old bachelor Rahul, who lands up in a totally unexpected journey that makes him realize the importance of love, life, relationships and sacrifice!
A stimulating train voyage that not only takes Rahul, accidentaly, to his destination but also makes him realize the power of true love.
A hilarious journey which teaches you about the serious relationships in life.

First of all, I loved the meeting between Northern and Southern India, with their cultural differences, including the language(s) talked! This bring us several sung dialogs, hilarious! This was also the very first time I heard "No!" pronounced "Ille!", and for a girl having lived two months in the Southern district Karnataka, this was touching (the story mainly took place in Tamil Nadu, by the way. You can easily understand it thanks to, for instance, the use of Tamil, women wearing Kanchipuram saris, or the very small representation of the Kathakali dance). And wow, the landscapes are just gorgeous!!

Sharukh Khan and Deepika interpreting Kashmir Main Tu Kanyakumari with some Kathakali dancers

I was only more or less convinced by the several songs when I listened to them out of context. I liked Titli, less  1 2 3 4 Get On The Dance Floor and Kashmir Main Tu Kanyakumari. Nevertheless I absolutely loved all while watching the movie, thanks to the good integration, and the sense of humor (the misunderstanding about 1 2 3 4 Get On The Dance Floor is really funny). Titli was a beautiful and emotional moment, taking place in my probably favourite scene. Ah, I'd love to tell you more about it, but I really wouldn't like to ruin the surprise!

I also appreciated the numerous references to previous movies -especially Sharukh Khan's movies (Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge in the lead). The King Khan's performance pleased me; at the beginning, Rahul is just a grown-up child, naïve and childish. His adventures will learn him how to value life and precious relationships. This was only the second movie with Deepika I watched, and I felt glad about her as well. She gained confidence; some scenes are just hilarious, while some others are full with emotions. She still has a lot to learn, but I'm confident about her!

While waiting for the dvd, I keep my fingers crossed to be able to watch more, more, more Bollywood at the cinema: the experience is totally different, more colourful, more joyful! The magic of the big screen!

Take care!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire